The Business Tax Dashboard
HMRC’s Business Tax Dashboard is an online tool which provides smaller businesses with the ability to view their current tax position across different taxes. In order to use this service, businesses must have enrolled to use either HMRC’s Corporation Tax or Self Assessment online service.
Business users registered to use the system will be able to view their Corporation Tax or Self Assessment information depending on the kind of business they have. The Business Tax Dashboard will display the overall tax position (including VAT and PAYE for employers if the relevant online services are used).
Detailed information is also available on the Business Tax Dashboard including:
- The amount of tax owed.
- Details of any repayments HMRC owes the business.
- Details of payments made.
- Information on interest on any late payments or penalties.
- Direct debit payment plans.
The Business Tax Dashboard can also be used to update some business contact details such as the business address, telephone number and email address.
The dashboard includes information relating to the following periods:
- Corporation Tax – information for accounting periods from 1 October 1993 onwards.
- Self Assessment – information for the tax year 1996-97 onwards.
- PAYE for employers – information for the tax year 2010-11 onwards.
- VAT – information for the current date and previous 15 months.
HMRC is aware of an ongoing issue that in some cases is preventing the Business Tax Dashboard from displaying up to date month 5 information for a relatively small number of employers. It is hoped that this issue will be corrected by mid-January.