Bookkeeping, Payroll & VAT
Part of the satisfaction of helping clients grow is that at some point they’ll need to take on staff.
We offer a fully managed bookkeeping & payroll bureau service for clients that wish to outsource this process and focus their time on added-value activities instead.
Many of our clients rely on our in-house bookkeeping capability to free up time and know the records of the business are in safe hands
Bookkeeping, the recording of financial transactions, is an essential financial management process for businesses of all sizes. Ensuring that these records are accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date is critical. For smaller organisations, however, the volume of transactions might not always warrant the cost of a full-time bookkeeper.
Tearle & Carver’s managed bookkeeping service ensures that all of your transactions are accurately recorded, helping you to maintain control of your business finances and save money on year-end accounting fees. Our service includes:
- Data inputting financial transaction using a suitable accounting software package (such as Sage, Kashflow, Xero)
- Setting up a suitable chart of accounts within the bookkeeping software
- Production of Sales Invoices
- Reconciliation with bank statement
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Credit control to aid cashflow management where needed
We manage over 500 payrolls per month, on time, no penalties and stress free to you
Payroll refers to the amount payable to employees for services provided during a particular time period. It is critical that payroll be calculated correctly to ensure employees are paid accurately and on time.
Where larger companies might choose to employ an internal payroll department, for many businesses outsourcing is the optimal solution, allowing you to focus more time and energy on value-added activities.
Tearle & Carver’s fully managed payroll bureau service offers a variety of benefits for businesses’ looking to outsource this process, including:
- Saving you time with data entry from timesheet information
- Preparation and production of payslips
- Providing financial information for payment processing
- Preparing HM Revenue & Customs forms including P11D, P45, P60
- Auto enrolment services
- Expert advice on payroll related issues such as statutory sick pay, statutory Maternity/Paternity Pay, redundancy payments, and holiday entitlement
We don’t just take the numbers that are provided in the software, we cover all complexities that sit around VAT
Value-added tax, more commonly known as VAT, is a form of tax relating to the purchase of good and services. Designed to apply only to the value added by a business at each stage in the supply chain, VAT is a complex tax that requires specialist knowledge and expertise.
Tearle & Carver is committed to finding proactive and legitimate ways to reduce our clients’ VAT assessment and minimise VAT liabilities. Our VAT services can help you feel in control of your business finances, and include:
- Assistance with VAT registration and de-registration
- Advice on choosing your VAT scheme
- Completion of VAT returns
- A VAT Health Check
- Pre HMRC visit reviews
- Support during HMRC visits and investigations
- Assistance relating to partial exemption
- Advice on land and property transactions and options to tax
- Advice on VAT cross boarder and trading abroad
90% of all software functionality is never used. We make sure that you unleash the power in Sage, Xero, Kashflow, Quickbooks and Excel
Choosing the correct software for your business can be a difficult process, while a lack of training could mean a failure to make full use of the package’s functionality.
Tearle & Carver recognise that every business has different needs and requirements. Following an initial evaluation of your company’s processes, we will assist in selecting a solution that works for you and be on hand to guide you through every step in the implementation of your new software package.
Tearle & Carver’s training service provides:
- Guidance in selecting the optimum package for your business
- Bespoke on site training for your staff
- On going support to ensure employees feel confident in their continued use of the software