Submitting an annual return to Companies House
Companies House have published a new version of the guidance governing the filing of annual returns and accounts of UK registered companies entitled Life of a Company – Part 1 Annual Requirements – GP2. The guidance is relevant to companies whose annual return has a made up date on or after 1 October 2009 to 30 September 2011; or a made up date on or after 1 October 2011; or whose accounting period starts on or after 6 April 2008.
The requirement to file annual documents applies to all companies, including small companies (such as flat management companies) and an annual return must be sent to Companies House at least once a year.
The company annual return must include the following details:
- The name and registration number of the company.
- The date to which the annual return is made-up (the made-up date).
- What type of business the company runs.
- The company’s registered office address.
- The address where the company keeps certain company records if not at the registered office and details of the records held there.
- The type of limited company (e.g. limited by shares, limited by guarantee).
- The name and address of all company directors and the company secretary.