Pension scheme administrators online
The Form APSS161which was used to pre-register pension scheme administrators or practitioners has been removed from the HMRC website as it is now out of date. Going forward, all new applications must be made on line.
A guide to using the online service entitled “A Guide to Using the Online Service for Scheme Administrators and Practitioners” was published last summer and provides detailed instructions on how to pre-register as a pension scheme administrator or practitioner.
The guide also includes a helpful list of forms and returns which must be submitted online including:
- Applications to register a pension scheme
- Registered Pension Scheme Returns
- Accounting for Tax Returns
- A Scheme Administrator’s Declaration
- Event Reports
- Notification of Winding-up of a Registered Pension Scheme
- Notification of Termination of a Scheme Administrator’s Appointment