PAYE changes for large employers
A new podcast has been launched by HMRC to explain a number of changes to PAYE for large employers.
The main changes which are discussed in the podcast featuring HMRC’s Director of the Business Customer Unit are:
– New online filing requirements for large employers from April 2009
– Employers with 50+ employees will have to submit P45’s & P46’s online
– New employee information to be submitted including gender and date of birth
– Payroll processes which may need to change
– Penalties for not filing online
– Details of how smaller employees can also use this service
– What are the benefits for employees?
– How to file using commercial payroll software or HRMC’s own software
The five minute podcast can be accessed, listened to and downloaded by visiting the HMRC podcast pages athttp://www.hmrc.gov.uk/podcasts.