HMRC’s ‘Working Together’ – New Issue
The July edition of Working Together has been published by HMRC. This edition covers a significant number of areas across all taxes relevant to taxation professionals.
The main topics covered in this edition are as follows:
- Online VAT filing. Details relating to the expected introduction of compulsory online filing of VAT returns and electronic payment of VAT due from 1 April 2010. This will apply to all newly VAT registered businesses and all VAT registered businesses with a turnover of £100,000 or more.
- Local Working Together. This is a forum for HMRC officers and tax professionals to meet at a local level to discus mutual areas of interest. HMRC have introduced a new information pack to assist in the efficiency of these groups.
- CG34 Procedures. There were some issues with delays using the CG34 form for valuations of chargeable assets. HMRC have agreed to centralise this work and will issue further details as they become available.
- Learning Together. HMRC recently hosted the first ‘Learning Together’ event in London to provide a technical overview of the new compliance check and penalties rules. A national roll-out of this training is planned from October 2009 and is open to practicing tax professionals.
- Debt Management. An update on the current trials by HMRC to use private Debt Management companies to assist in debt collection.