VAT errors – updated notice
HMRC have updated the Notice 700/45 ‘How to correct VAT errors and make adjustments or claims‘. The new notice cancels and replaces the previous version from July 2009.
This notice explains to VAT registered businesses how to:
- Amend VAT records if they contain errors
- Correct errors on VAT returns which have already been submitted
- Claim a refund for overpaid VAT
- Complete VAT returns or make a claim where there is a disagreement with HMRC as to the correct VAT treatment of a supply
- Complete VAT returns where HMRC’s practices in relation to VAT are being challenged in the Courts.