Updated gaming duty notice
HMRC have updated Notice 453 entitled ‘Gaming Duty’. The notice cancels and replaces the previous version published in September 2009. Gaming duty is a duty on casino gaming profits and is based on the ‘gross gaming yield’ for premises where gaming takes place.
The notice also details who is liable to pay the duty, which type of games the duty applies to as well as explaining how to register, how payment periods work and the penalty regime.
The notice has been updated in respect of:
- Changes to the Gambling Act 2005
- An increase in the gross gaming yield (GGY) bandings for gaming duty in line with inflation
- The new penalties framework
- The relocation of the accounting centre
- The bank account details for electronic payments