Information relating to tax credit has been updated on the HMRC website. There are currently two types of tax credits that are available to qualifying individuals, the Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit.
The main areas covered in the update are as follows:
– How to claim tax credits and who qualifies.
– When tax credit payments are due, including when to expect your first payment
– How to renew your tax credits claim
– Notifying changes that affect your tax credits
– How to appeal a tax credits decision
– Dealing with overpayments of tax credits
– How on become authorised to act on behalf of someone else for tax credits
This update from HMRC is part of a wider program to update content on its website and is continuing throughout 2009.