Relief from import duties
HMRC have issued an updated version of Notice 200: Temporary Admission – importing non EC goods for temporary use. The notice details when relief from import duties is available where goods are temporarily brought into the UK. The goods can usually only be kept in the UK for a maximum of two years.
The main changes in the updated version of the notice are as follows:
- The notice has been re-named Temporary Admission to reflect the correct term for the customs procedure that provides relief;
- The procedure for appealing against a customs decision has changed;
- The monetary limit for certain goods that do not require a formal customs declaration has been increased from €4,000 to €10,000;
- HMRC have clarified the time by which goods should be accounted for after their final use;
- New information on the export licence requirements for vehicles over 50 years old .