PAYE Desktop Viewer
HMRC have launched a new PAYE application which allows both employers and agents to receive, view and manage PAYE codes and notices online.
The PAYE Desktop Viewer (PDV) is designed to be more intuitive than the Data Provisioning Service (DPS) commonly used by employers and agents who do not use third-party payroll software to access PAYE codes and notices.
The PDV can be downloaded and installed on both PCs and Apple Macs. Information previously downloaded in DPS will also be available using the PDV. Users will be able to use both the PDV and DPS concurrently if they so wish.
HMRC suggest that the PDV provides the following improvements:
- shows an overview of the codes and notices received
- lists codes and notices by client if you are an agent
- the ability to see which codes and notices are ‘unactioned’ and lets users mark records as ‘actioned’
- create lists of items based on, name, form, client and date using improved search functions
- users can add comments to codes and notices
- users can send codes and notices to another PDV user in the company/firm to action