We care passionately about our client’s businesses and thrive on playing an active role in their development.
Whether you’re just starting out in business, expanding or thinking about selling, we’re ready for your call. Book a free, initial meeting and we’ll give you honest and impartial advice.
Thinking about setting up or expanding your business? We’ll help develop your vision into a viable plan
A business plan is a written document that describes your business and helps to clarify your objectives and strategies, set out goals, and identify potential problems in advance. While a plan is useful for charting your progress, it is also essential when securing business investments or loans from a bank.
Tearle & Carver recognise that a clearly formulated business plan can not only help raise finance for a new or expanding venture, but can more importantly unlock the potential within your business. The key benefits of our business plan service include:
- A clear vision and path to success that can be shared with your whole organisation
- Defined goals and actions based on your vision and designed to steer the delivery of your business plan
- Improved profitability and return on investment
- Clear directions that encourage your whole team to invest in the plan’s success, improving morale and productivity
- Maximised potential for future sales through the creation of a business that can stand in its own right
All businesses are unique. Clients can tap into the experience we’ve built up over 25 years, to achieve a successful acquisition or sale of a business
Business Valuations are used to determine the value of a business for numerous reasons, which include determining the appropriate sale or purchase price, on incorporation, when new partners join and for inheritance and capital gains tax computations.
Tearle & Carver can support you during the purchase or sale of a business through our range of business valuation services, which include:
- Help in maximising your selling price
- Support and advice during negotiations
- Due diligence analysis, to investigate a business prior to acquisition, to ensure you can make the most informed decision
Raising finance has never been as challenging as it is today. We’ll help you through the funding options available
Raising finance for a new venture or existing business can be especially hard in today’s financial climate. Numerous funding options are available, however, and include business loans, small business grants, investment from business angels, crowdsourcing, venture capital and peer lending.
Tearle & Carver offer a range of benefits for businesses looking to secure finance for a new or existing venture, including:
- Advice to help you make sense of the different funding options
- Access to our network of contacts from various organisations able to supply finance
- Assistance in creating a sound business plan, which could make all the difference when persuading banks or business angles that the business is a solid investment
Starting a business is both an exciting and daunting time. After your initial free meeting, we will guide you through the process of company registration, VAT, book keeping systems, choice of business structure and anything else you may need to get started.
Starting a business might seem like a leap into the unknown, but with the right support you can minimise risks and guarantee your business the greatest chance at success.
With over 23 years experience of helping people start up their own company, Tearle & Carver has extensive expertise working with a variety of businesses, including individuals going it alone or those working with business partners.
Guiding you through all the stages of starting a business, Tearle & Carver’s range of services include:
- Creating and registering a company with Companies House as required
- Assistance with the financial and business planning required to support the securing of finance or other needs
- Advice relating to the choice between sole tradership, partnership, and limited company status
- Provision of a registered office address if required
- Company Secretarial service
- Fixed fee preparation of annual accounts in the first year
- Advice on tax planning, financial planning, and cash flow management
- Payroll and bookkeeping services
Managed well, your IP portfolio can be immensely powerful, generating substantial income and preventing competitors from undermining the market share you have worked hard to achieve.
Intellectual property is a legal term referring to creations of the mind including inventions, artistic works, designs, symbols, names and images. Through intellectual property laws, owners can gain particular rights over their creations, enabling them to claim recognition or financial benefits from these creations.
Tearle & Carver, in collaboration with Avidity-IP Ltd, provide guidance to businesses looking to gain the benefits of patents and optimise their development of intellectual property. Our range of services include:
- Trade Mark Search and Registration
- Brand development and protection services, covering trademarks, patents and design rights
The UK Patent Box enables companies to apply a lower (10%) rate of Corporation Tax to profits derived from its patented inventions and certain other innovations. Related services include:
- Rigorous and detailed review of your work, both technical and financial, to maximise qualifying development and identify opportunities for fast-tracking qualifying patents
- Production of justification against which a Patent Box application can safely be made
* All intellectual property (IP) and technical services are provided through our collaboration with Avidity IP Limited – a UK company regulated by IP-Reg and a member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys.
With you for the journey
Regulated by IPReg – CIPA Member