New edition of HMRC’s employer bulletin
HMRC have released the latest issue of their ‘Employer Bulletin’ which includes summaries of recent changes and updates that have been announced relevant to employers and agents.
The document is usually only available online although HMRC will continue to send out paper copies toemployers who have indicated that they do not have access to the internet.
The topics covered in the latest edition include the following:
- A summary of the updated information published in December 2010 relating to the June 2010 Budget changes. This includes details of the income tax allowances and NIC limits and thresholds for the 2011/12 tax year.
- Online filing. A reminder that employers should submit their employer annual return (P35 & P14) forms to arrive with HMRC by 19 May 2011.
- Details of the introduction of some changes to the information that employers have to provide to their employers’ liability (EL) insurance providers.
- Information on the launch of the new ‘Basic PAYE Tools’ which replaces the Employer CD-ROM.
- Details of the Regional Employer National Insurance Contributions Holiday for New Businesses (NICs holiday) which was introduced in the June 2010 Budget.
- Paper copies of the employer and budget packs have been replaced with online guidance.
- An update on the recent introduction of late payment penalties.
- A reminder of HMRC’s correct bank account details.