New edition of HMRC’s employer bulletin
HMRC have released the latest issue of their ‘Employer Bulletin’ publication which includes summaries of recent changes and updates that have been announced relevant to employers and agents. The document features a new design format optimised for online access. From September 2010the bulletin will no longer be sent by post.
The topics covered in the latest edition include the following:
- A summary of Budget changes relevant to employers. As no new announcements were made in relation to 2010-11, the notice confirms that the 2010 CD-Rom mailed in February remains valid.
- Details of how to register for HMRC’s email alerts
- A reminder that the state pension age for women is changing
- Details of HMRC’s updated bank account details
- Confirmation that from 1 April HMRC has the power to name deliberate tax evaders
- New minimum wage rates from 1 October 2010
- Changes to statutory payments
- A reminder that employers who pay PAYE and NIC deductions electronically benefit from an extra three days to make payment
The complete document can be accessed from the HMRC website at the following address: