New edition of HMRC’s employer bulletin
HMRC have released the latest online issue of the ‘Employer Bulletin’ publication which includes summaries of recent changes and updates that have been announced relevant to employers and their accountants, tax advisers and payroll service providers.
The topics covered in the latest edition include the following:
- A summary of the June Budget changes relevant to employers. As no new announcements were made in relation to 2010-11, the notice confirms that employers should continue to use the April 2010 versions of Payroll Software, Tax Tables and National Insurance Tables.
- Employee tax codes and the new 50% rate of income tax.
- An update on penalties for not filing starter and leaver information online.
- Confirmation that from 2011, HMRC will no longer issue the employer CD-Rom as a matter of course but rather make the relevant tools available for download.
- New minimum wage rates from 1 October 2010.
- A reminder that late payment penalties for PAYE apply to late monthly and quarterly payments due from May 2010.