The latest ISA bulletin has been published by HMRC and covers a number of areas relevant to ISA professionals.
This Bulletin contains updated information on how ISA managers should process subscriptions from Keydata ISA investors. This follows the recent publication of a news release whereby HMRC together with the Financial Services Authority (FSA), the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and the administrators have been seeking to ensure that investors affected by the collapse of Keydata do not lose out.
The bulletin also covers the following:
- Annual returns and claims – accounting for tax due
- Annual returns of information – ISA magnetic media specification
- Application for approval as an ISA Manager – revised application form
- Managing an ISA – Child Maintenance Deduction Orders
- Managing an ISA – cash withdrawn in error by the investor
- Qualifying investments – shares included in the official UK list but traded on the London Stock Exchange as a Depositary Interest
- Qualifying investments – securities issued by the European Investment Bank
- Recognised Stock Exchanges – Cyprus Stock Exchange
- Recognised Stock Exchanges – NYSE Amex