Iran sanctions – reminder for exporters etc
Exporters, shipping agents and freight forwarders exportinggoodseither directly or indirectlyto Iran need to be aware of the sanctions in place. A new Customs information paper has been published to remind businesses of the sanctions that are in place that prohibit the supply of certain goods to Iran.
The sanctions apply to a number of measures which restrict the following:
- Trade in dual-use goods and technology.
- The export of equipment which might be used for internal repression.
- Trade in key equipment and technology for the Iranian oil and gas industry.
- Transfers of funds to and from Iran.
- Activities concerning the Iranian banking sector.
The sanctions also involve the freezing of assets or funds to or from designated entities and restrictions on providing certain services to Iranian ships and cargo aircraft.
Any businesses, exporters, shipping agents or freight forwarders involved either directly or indirectly with the supply of goods to Iran should ensure that they are fully aware of the sanctions and act accordingly.