HMRC’s ‘Working Together’ – New Issue
The November edition of ‘Working Together’ has been published by HMRC. This edition covers a significant number of areas across all taxes relevant to accountants and other tax agents.
The main topics covered are as follows:
- Working Together groups. An update on the forum for HMRC officers and accountants etc to meet at a local and national level to discuss mutual areas of interest.
- Registering partnerships and partners for self-assessment. Details of new forms to help tax agents and accountants register new partnerships and their partners for self assessment.
- Online corporation tax filing. A reminder that online corporation tax filing becomes compulsory for company tax returns delivered after 31 March 2011 for accounting periods ending after 31 March 2010.
- VAT. Details of a supplement recently published by HMRC which summarises what businesses need to know and do when the standard rate of VAT increases from 17.5% to 20% on 4 January 2011.
- Class 2 National Insurance Contributions. Details of changes to the payment dates. From April 2011, payments for Class 2 NICs will become due on 31 January and 31 July, the same dates as those of a self-assessment tax bill.