HMRC’s ‘Working Together’ – New Issue
The latest edition of Working Together has been published by HMRC. This edition covers a significant number of areas across all taxes.
The main topics covered are as follows:
- Obtaining an agent code. Some agents have reported difficulties in obtaining an agent code; HMRC are centralising this role with a new team and will provide further information later in the year. In the meantime HMRC have provided further information on the process for receiving an agent code through what they refer to as the Agent Dedicated Line.
- Details of an updated payslip form (SA361) which will be available online for self assessment payments due by 31 July and details of how to pay by direct debit.
- An update on delays in making self assessment repayments to taxpayers.
- Extensions to HMRC’s Agent Account Manager and/Customer Relations Manager service
- Details of the debt management pilot which has seen HMRC working with the private sector on a trial basis to help manage debt collection issues.
- Details of a simplification of VAT partial exemption rules for some partially exempt businesses.