HMRC’s ‘Working Together’ – New Issue
The September edition of Working Together has been published by HMRC. This covers a significant number of areas across all taxes relevant to accountants and tax advisers.
The main topics covered are as follows:
- Learning Together Events. Details of training sessions intended to provide accountants and tax advisers with an overview of the new compliance checks introduced on 1 April 2009 as well as more information on how HMRC manages the compliance checks.
- Local Working Together. An update of this forum for HMRC officers, accountants and tax advisers to meet at a local level to discus mutual areas of interest. HMRC have introduced a new process to help resolve issues raised at the forum.
- Corporation Tax. An update on the impact of the ongoing centralisation of processing Corporation Tax returns to fewer offices. This has resulted in some significant delays in processing returns and repayments.
- Self-assessment. HMRC have provided a reminder of the various ways to make self-assessment payments online and by post.
- VAT. A reminder that from 1 January 2010 the standard VAT rate will revert back to 17.5% and that the VAT rules for cross-border transactions will be changing significantly.
- Single Farm Payment Scheme. An update on the accounting implications of the scheme.