HMRC’s ‘Working Together’ – New Issue
The November edition of Working Together has been published by HMRC. This edition covers a significant number of areas across all taxes relevant to accountants and other tax professionals.
The main topics covered are as follows:
- Self-assessment. HMRC have provided a reminder of the 31 January 2010 online filing date as well as more detailed information for agents including details of fast tracking agent authorisations in January 2010.
- Learning Together Events. Details of training sessions intended to provide accountants and other tax professionals with an overview of the new compliance checks including feedback on sessions run to date.
- Local Working Together. An update of this forum for HMRC officers, accountants and tax professionals to meet at a local level to discus mutual areas of interest. HMRC have introduced a new model to help resolve issues raised at the forum.
- Toolkits. The introduction of two new toolkits on Private and personal expenditure and Capital Gains Tax for land and buildings.
- VAT. A reminder that online submission of VAT returns will become compulsory for most businesses for VAT quarters starting on or after 1 April 2010.
- HMRC Charter. An update on recently launched HMRC Charter.