HMRC training sessions
HMRC have launched a further series of its ‘Learning Together’ events. The training events are open to all practicing tax professionals and are supported by the main tax and accountancy bodies.
There are currently two ‘Learning Together’ events scheduled for February and March which cover:
HMRC agent services
- The range of free services that HMRC provides to support tax agents and advisers.
- A demonstration of the new HMRC toolkits.
HMRC risk assessment and compliance checks
- How HMRC selects cases for compliance checks.
- What types of compliance checks HMRC will use to make sure that customers get things right.
- HMRC’s ‘powers’ to request and examine information from customers and third parties.
The full list of venues, dates and times can be accessed online at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/agents/lt-events.htm and bookings can be made using HMRC’s online booking service. There is no charge for attending the half-day training sessions.