HMRC Business advice roadshows
The spring and summer schedules for HMRC’s business advice open days have been published. The open days are billed as a cross government support roadshow providing free information and support to businesses. The events usually include specialist HMRC seminars covering subjects such as VAT and self-employment.
Apart from HMRC the roadshows are attended by a selection of other government agencies, departments and public sector bodies including Business Link, the Health & Safety Executive, the Environment Agency, the Department for Communities & Local Government and regional development agencies.
The locations, dates and venues of the new events are:
- Newark – Wed 3 March – Kelham Hall
- Shrewsbury – Thu 11 March – Shrewsbury Town Football Club
- Darlington – Thu 18 March – Scotch Corner Hotel
- Wellingborough, Northants – Thu 25 March – Knuston Hall, Irchester
- York – Thu 25 March – York Racecourse
- Alnwick, Northumberland – Wed 14 April – White Swan Hotel
- Edinburgh – Thu 22 April – Murrayfield Stadium
- Crawley – Thu 29 April – Lingfield Park Racecourse
- Chigwell – Tue 11 May – Menzies Prince Regents Hotel
- Blackpool – Wed 19 May – Hilton Hotel
- Oxford – Thu 27 May – Kassam Stadium
- Coventry – Thu 10 June – Stoneleigh Park Showground
- Newbury – Tue 15 June – Chequers Hotel
- Haltwhistle, Northumberland – Thu 17 June – Haltwhistle Methodist Church Hall
- Llandudno – Thu 24 June – Venue Cymru
- Sunderland – Thu 1 July – SFC Stadium of Light
Bookings to attend an event can be made online at www.businesslink.gov.uk/ or by calling 0845 603 2691.