HMRC Agent update
HMRC have issued their latest ‘Agent Update’ which includes summaries of recent changes and updates. The publication includes links to more detailed information on each of the topics covered.
The topics covered in the October – November 2009 edition include the following:
- The change in the standard VAT rate from 1 January 2010;
- Information on joint filing of HMRC and Companies House returns;
- Understanding the new penalty system;
- Resolving disputes in relation to legal privilege;
- Closure of insurance premium tax loopholes;
- Interest rate changes;
- New disclosure opportunity;
- Penalties for late PAYE and Construction Industry scheme payments;
- Fraudulent emails;
- Tax credit overpayments;
- HMRC consultations.
The complete document can be accessed from the HMRC website at the following address: