Downloading HMRC’s Basic PAYE tools
HMRC have confirmed that the new ‘Basic PAYE Tools’ are now available to download fromwww.businesslink.gov.uk/basicpayetools. The new tools replace the Employer CD-ROM and should be used by employers to help them complete their 2010-11 payroll and start the 2011-12 tax year.
The above link includes details of:
- Important updates and changes to Basic PAYE Tools.
- Employer CD-ROM users – steps to take before installing Basic PAYE Tools.
- Downloading Basic PAYE Tools.
- Getting Basic PAYE Tools if you don’t have internet access.
- Installing Basic PAYE Tools.
- Using Basic PAYE Tools.
- Uninstalling Basic PAYE Tools.
The Basic PAYE tools include the following:
- Employer database on which employers can record employees’ details.
- P11 calculator that will work out and record employees’ tax, national insurance contributions and student loan deductions every pay day with a linked P32 employment payment record.
- A range of other calculators including for example, Statutory Payments – and, new for 2011-12, an Additional Statutory Paternity Pay calculator
- Interactive forms such as P11D working sheets.
- Learning zone.