Customs newsletter – new edition
The latest edition of the Customs newsletter has been published.
The newsletter is intended to help publicise changes in the procedures for the movement of goods across countries that will be of particular interest to businesses based in the UK.
The main areas covered in the newsletter are as follows:
- The classification codes of a number of products across various industry groups have been clarified.
- The 2011 Combined Nomenclature has been agreed and is expected to be published in late October / early November. The CN will be published on HMRC’s uktradeinfo site (www.uktradeinfo.com).
- A reminder that HMRC have been centralising the work of authorising and supervising various customs procedures to teams in Nottingham and Leeds.
- A summary of recently updated import and export notices, anti-dumping measures and customs information papers.
- A reminder that businesses that regularly import or export goods should apply for an Economic Operator Registration Identification (EORI) number. A business needs to apply for just one EORI number (where the business is established) and this can then be used in all other Member States.
- There are also two useful annexes, the first which provides information on where to apply for a customs procedure. The second annex details the relevant office to contact for businesses based in London and the South.