Corporation Tax online filing
As you are probably aware, online corporation tax filing becomes compulsory for company tax returns delivered after 31 March 2011 for accounting periods ending after 31 March 2010.
Company Tax returns will have to be filed using the iXBRL data standard using either HMRC’s own software or third-party commercial software. Businesses that use third-party commercial software should refer to the HMRC list of recognised commercial software.
This has recently been updated again and presents the approved suppliers in two categories:
- Software applications that produce and submit a CT600 with PDF
- Software applications or services that produce iXBRL Accounts and/or iXBRL computations. This list is divided into three sub-categories.
- Integrated software applications.
- Managed tagging services.
- Conversion software applications.
HMRC remind businesses that they will not recommend or endorse one product over another and do not provide any support for commercial software.