Contacting HMRC enquiry centres
HMRC have announced that new opening hours have taken effect in some of their enquiry centres from 13 June 2011. A link to an excel spreadsheet which details the opening hours for all 282 enquiry centres across the length and breadth of the country can be found at www.hmrc.gov.uk/enq/ec-open-hours.xls
Most of HMRC’s enquiry centres offer a number of services for taxpayers requiring special assistance including:
- Induction Loops.
- Lighted Magnifiers.
- Crystal Listening Devices.
- Sign Language Interpreters.
- Written material in Braille, audio and large print.
- Help for people for whom English is not their first language.
- Help for people who need assistance in completing forms or returns.
- Home Visits – if taxpayers have limited mobility or have caring responsibilities HMRC may be able to offer a home visit.
Taxpayers are also reminded that they can make an appointment to visit an enquiry centre through HMRC’s helpline.