Charities online demonstrator launched
The Charities Online system is used by Charities & Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCS) to claim repayments of tax on Gift Aid donations, and other income and top up payments under the Gift Aid Small Donations Scheme (GASDS).
The online system was launched in April 2013 and replaced the old R68(i) Gift Aid and tax repayments claims paper form. HMRC no longer accept Gift Aid repayment claims on R68i forms.
A paper form (ChR1) is available for charities without access to the internet to submit a claim. The form replaced the R68(i) form.
There have been a number of updates to the Charities Online system since it was launched. The Charities Online Demonstrator guide has recently been updated with new screen shots to reflect the latest version of the online system.
The demonstrator explains how to:
- register, enrol and activate Charities Online
- avoid making common errors that could delay payment of your claim
- make a Gift Aid repayment claim
- make a claim for repayments of tax deducted from other income
- make a claim under the Gift Aid Small Donations Scheme
- submit your completed schedule spreadsheets
- check your donor details on screen before you submit your claim
- see any errors or missing information in your schedule spreadsheets
- submit your claim
- check that the claim has been successfully submitted and get a submission receipt reference number.